The texture of fabrics varies but all of them add warmth and personality to a room.
Many possibilities are available in decorating shops, making the work even easier by selling fabrics and papers in the same pattern. Traditionally it was used to cover walls but has since given way to wallpaper, which is more practical and easy to use while carrying out the same function.
Over the years I have spoken with thousands of people about their interior, so I decided to share my 10 top professional tips for choosing floor, wall covering, fabrics to decorate your home and compliment the wooden flooring tone perfectly
1. Use fabrics to provide soundproofing in noisy rooms.
2. Curtains or blinds allow us to play with light.
3. Choose flooring like according to a rooms use.
4. Use tough floorings like marble, stone, or tiles where lots of people move about, especially if they have hard heels or dirty soles.
5. Use warm flooring like carpets or wood where you will walk barefoot.
6. Before choosing flooring, try and determine how it will look in the lighting of a room. You can always purchase wood flooring sample along with your other room ingredients.
7. Take good care of your flooring to ensure it will last a long time. We have a few articles on this blog about aftercare, please take a look!
8. Avoid paint in areas with heavy circulation. Tiles and marble are both washable and longer lasting.
9. When deciding on the flooring and the wall coverings remember just how much space they occupy and therefore how important they are.
10. Well-matched wall coverings and floorings can be mutually enhancing so it is best to select them at the same time.
If you have any questions regarding design of your new wooden floor and would like some assistance with the complete interior, please contact us?
As always, thanks for reading and hope these quick tips are helpful